Seminar on the launch of twinning on March 23rd, 2016
The Court of Auditors has organized, in partnership with the delegation of the European Union in Algiers and management unit of the program of support to the implementation of the agreement of association between Algeria and the European Union (P3A),on Wednesday, March 23rd, 2016, at 2.30 pm, at El Aurassi hotel, the seminar on the launch of institutional twinning project on building the capacities of the Court auditors which has been enhanced by the presence of Mr. Abdelkader BENMAROUF President of the Algerian Court of auditors, Didier MIGAUD French first President of the Court of Auditors, Abderrahmane BENKHALFA Minister of finance, senior Algerian officials as well as the ambassadors of the European Union, the France and the Chargé d’affaires of Portugal in Algeria.
The purpose of this large and multilateral partnership project is to enhance the professionalism of the Court auditors and the trust entrusted to it by stakeholders, to strengthen the national system of public financial auditing and to contribute to the development of good governance and improve the quality of public policies.
With an amount of 1.721.000 euros, funded by the European Union, this Twinning project extends over a period of 24 months (January 2016-January 2018).
This seminar was an opportunity to communicate in order to provide the expected objectives and results of the twinning project.
During this ceremony, an inaugural speech was delivered by the President of the Algerian Court of Auditors, followed by the speech of the first President of the French Court of auditors and the representative of Portuguese court of CONTAS.
After a coffee break, attended a briefing by the Secretary-General on the contents of the twinning, focusing on the expected objectives and results of this Twinning project.
At the end of this presentation, a contradictory discussion, led by representatives of the three twinning institutions was organized among the various stakeholders.
Visit of the auditor general of the provinces of Jammu and Kashmir of Indian SAI on September 20th, 2016
As part of bilateral cooperation between the Algerian Court of Auditors and the Indian SAI (C&AG), a conference on «audit and information technologies within the SAI of the India» was organized on September 20th , 2016 at the courtroom of the institution by Mr. K. SUBRAMANIA auditor general of the provinces of Jammu and Kashmir.
A conference was opened welcome speech presented by the President of the Court of Auditors.
As part of this meeting, the speaker briefly presented the Indian SAI before taking up the second briefing on the use of information technology in the audit: Indian experience.
The meeting was attended by heads of structures and bodies of the institution, the presidents of section of the control structures, section presidents as well as computer specialists of the sub-directorate of computing and the members of the working group in charge of information technologies in the audit took part in this meeting.
At the end of the two presentations, the contradictory debate began to inquire more about SAI’s specificities in India as well as its experience in the use of ICT in the field of the audit.
Visit of the President of the Romanian Court of auditors from September 30th to October 4th, 2016
At the invitation of the President of the Court of Auditors, Mr. Abdelkader BENMAROUF, Nicolae VACAROROIU SCHREINER President of the Romanian Court of auditors made an official visit to Algeria from September 30th to October 4th, 2016.
During this visit, in-depth discussions were held between the Presidents of the two institutions on opportunities for cooperation in the exchange of experiences and sharing of knowledge in the area of public finances auditing.
Mr. Nicolae VACAROIU gave on Monday October 3rd, 2016at the courtroom at 10:00 am a conference on: «the role of the Court of Auditors in building and strengthening the democratic system in Romania», before an audience consisting of the management of the institution.
At the end of this conference, a memorandum of cooperation was signed jointly between the two institutions in the field of public finances auditing.
This event was widely covered by the national press.
International seminar on new public management (NPM) on October 24th, 2016
As part of the implementation of the institutional twinning between the Algerian Court of Auditors and the European consortium managed by the French court of auditors, including Portuguese Court of CONTAS, on the institutional capacity-building of the Court of Auditors, a professional meeting on «the concepts and tools of the new public management», was held at the El-Aurassi on October 24th, 2016.
As an area for dialogue and discussion around the theoretical and practical issues relating to new public management and its impact on the transfer of control modes of the Court of accounts in its capacity as SAI, this international seminar brought together experts, academics, control professionals and senior executives of the public administration.
This meeting was also enhanced by the presence of Mr. Abdelkader BENMAROUF President of the Algerian Court of Auditors, his Excellency Mr. John O’ROURKE, Ambassador, head of delegation of the European Union in Algeria and Mr. Djilali LEBIBAT, Director of the management unit of the program of support to the implementation of the association agreement (UGP3A).
As an initial step, the opening speeches was delivered successively by the President of the Algerian Court of Auditors, his Excellency the Ambassador, head of delegation of the EU in Algeria and manager of the twinning project (member country).
The seminar focused on a general introduction and two topics.
The introduction was devoted to the methods of new public management on which several speakers were alternating to develop different facets of the NPM, namely:
- Mr. Michel BOUVIER University Professor and President of FONDAFIP having intervened on «the introductory report to the new public management »;
- Christophe PIERUCCI, speaker at the University Paris 1 pantheon-Sorbonne, having intervened on «new public management: comparative aspects»;
- Bernard ABAT, «head of control mission, Economic and financial overall control, having intervened on «the French experience: key points»;
- Abdelhak LAMIRI, President of the international Institute of management in Algiers, reporting on «the introduction of the performance logic in the Algerian public sector»;
- Marie-Christine ESCLASSAN, University Professor, Director of the review of public finances, reporting on «the NPM and transformation of SAIs audits».
The first issue was dedicated to the experiences of new public management. Several speakers have come and gone in presenting experiences and good practices in this area, namely:
- Mr. Jean-Louis bud, Honorary general manger of public finance, reporting on «the introduction of earnings guidance in the French Directorate-General for Taxation in the 1990s;
- Ms. Hassina Hammouche, assistant director of the concession and reform of sanitation, water II Program manager;
- Mr. Hamed TIFOURI, Director of agricultural statistics and Information Systems to the Ministry for Agriculture, Rural Development and Fisheries, reporting on «performance contracts of the agriculture sector»;
- Mr. Philippe SCHARDT, Treasurer of the French Embassy in Algeria, reporting on «the teachings of the public accounts reliability»;
- Mr. Azzedine MOUSSA, assistant director at the DGC in the Ministry of finance, reporting on «improving the reliability of the public accounts».
The second issue was devoted to the French Court of Auditors control of results-oriented management. Under the leadership of Mr. Henri Paul, general rapporteur of the Committee of the public report and program, several speakers followed each other to provide the experiences and good practices in this area, namely:
- Julio FERREIRA, Director of Accounts Department in the Economic Ministries and the funds of the EU, having intervened on «what new public management: The view of the Portuguese Court of Auditors»;
- Henri PAUL, general rapporteur of the Committee of the public report and program, reporting on «the change management at the French Court of Auditors»;
- Nicolas BRUNNER, Chief Counselor at the French Court of, having intervened on «public policies assessment ».
Before the closing of the Seminar Mr. Jean-Raphael ALVENTOSA, Honorary Chief Counselor at French Court of Auditors, manager of the twinning project has summarized the key points to keep through various interventions and discussions that followed.
The seminar was closed by Mr. Mohamed Salim BENAMMAR Secretary General of the Court of Auditors, twinning project manager of the recipient country, who warmly thanked all the participants as well as the organizers of the seminar who spared no effort to succeed.